Friday, August 22, 2008

product cocktail.....urban decay liner and two faced gloss!



i'd much rather do up my eyes than my lips.

ask my favorite stylist friend, Beauty Queen, and she won't miss a beat while telling you that my lip line is not for the faint of heart. it's hard to get right. most days i don't even fight that battle. in addition, my lips don't take color well. nearly everything turns to sheer boring pink on me. it's strange....things that would normally would be very dark on one person just mellow out on me, almost like i just put on a transparent gloss.

it's not very often that i get fanatical about a lip look. lip products, yes. i can talk up gloss, stains and plumpers all day. truth be told, though, i don't have high hopes for a big difference. i've learned to be content with something that looks nice, and to expect a certain result.

yesterday, quite by accident, i combined two products that created a lip look that i could not keep my eyes off of.

Urban Decay's new 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencils are a loooong time coming. their eyeliners are already above the curve in my mind-creamy, highly pigmented, and long-lasting. these lip liners are the same.

i covered my entire lips with Naked, which is a neutral pink. then, i topped it all off with Two-Faced Glamour Gloss in Girls on Film, a pink-nude beige shimmer.

when i stepped back and looked in the mirror, i didn't immediately gasp that my look was all about lips. what i was impressed with was that i had found a lip look that made my face look polished....dare i say it? the perfect nude for me! it's a hard task to find one's perfect naked lip look.

i need to buy these two products in bulk.....i can't see myself living without them!!

hopefully i'll be able to post pics of this new look soon.....

No comments: